28 April, 2006

Our first blog entry

What is reality?
I thought I would start off with an easy question for my first blog. Do you ever have those moments where everything seems to connect and you feel extremely alive and really part of this amazing world? This happened to me just the other day. I was walking down a beautiful tree lined street and the birds were singing louder than usual, the maroon and golden leaves were floating down the concrete pavement like a crunchy carpet paving a path to my local cafe. The sun was shining very bright and the blue sky was penetrating.
Being fully engaged in life seems to be more of a rare experience than a common experience. People are rushing everywhere, filling their lives full of work,activities and possessions to find themselves still living a half life experience.
Being fully engaged at work is even rarer. Many people will tell you how 'busy' they are and how 'many hours' they have worked and few people will tell you about their creations...
I want to hear about people's creations - what value have you created today, what positive difference have you made and what are you proud of...
I have created my first blog, I am sharing my views to inspire thinking and reflection and I am proud that my blog site though rudimentary provides a voice for our thoughts...

5 comments:

engage said...

Sometimes you need to express in writing in order to no only understand your own thoughts, to solidify them, but also to convey them more broadly...

Alex.

Anonymous said...

Creating a small window of time and space (30mins - 1hour) during my day, week or month where it is not cluttered with meetings, appointments or action items can sometimes be a blessing. It allows for opportunities to occur, spontaneous things to happen and surprise visits by those dear to me to say "hello". These small windows of time and space are what I like...

Anna.

Anonymous said...

An individuals reality is defined by their enviroment. Though my own experiences, i have used it as a way of bringing myself back down to earth as a way of identifying what really matters to me, away from the rush of work, university and relationships with others which seems to take more and more time out of my day.

You could say it is a way of reminding myself of who i actucally am and provides a means of justifying my decisions. Not to say that we should be constantly justifying our decisions, but more so allows us to understand our own motives.

As i have always said to others: at the end of your dreams, exists your reality

Anonymous said...

Reality is the here and now and it's all too easy to get stuck in the past and get concerned about the future. I'm making a conscious effort to breathe in the here and now.

Elaine

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your site. I have found here much useful information...

welcome http://xrumer.mybb.ru/